Job Announcement: Laboratory Quality Management System LQMS/ISO Project Assistant
Position: Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS)/ISO project assistant
Project Title: Project “Strengthening Public Health Laboratory, Workforce Development, and Health Systems Research Capacity of the Cambodian National Institute of Public Health”
Budget line: Project Assistant for LQMS/ISO
Salary: (400US$- 500US$/Month)
Duty Station: Phnom Penh
Duration: 12months (Possibility to renew)
National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), one of the bureaus under National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) is a national reference laboratory assigned by Cambodia Ministry of Health. NPHL provides Out Patient Department (OPD), Hematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology, Microbiology services and Quality Assurance. The NPHL implements laboratory improvement through the laboratory quality management system (LQMS) training program in several provincial laboratories. In addition, NPHL is preparing to apply for the ISO 15189 accreditation in the current year.
Due to increased workload of quality improvement with ISO accreditation, coordinating LQMS project, and External Quality Assurance (EQA)/Proficiency Testing (PT) program, NIPH, under the Cooperative Agreement with US CDC, is looking for a LQMS/ISO project assistant to help support activities toward ISO 15189 requirements and to assist in coordination with LQMS project.
- Bachelor degree in science related fields, or Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- One year working experience in clinical or public health laboratory
- Knowledge of standards laboratory quality management
- English proficiency (written, spoken, and translated)
- Assist and work under the direction of the LQMS project coordinator to coordinate the pertinent meetings, trainings, workshops, and onsite/online mentorships.
- Assist LQMS project coordinator to prepare all required administrative work plans.
- Assist the quality management team to ensure that all requirements based on ISO 15189 are fully met and updated, these include but not limited to: monitoring and documenting of equipment maintenance, temperature logs sheets, QC logs, and Levy-Jennings charts according to corresponding standard operating procedures.
- Assist quality management team to perform laboratory internal audits or assessments and planning stages for such activities.
- Work on other duties as assigned by the NPHL chief.
- Make regular reports and/or presentations to the quality manager and NPHL chief.
- Willing to learn new technical and non-technical skills and share knowledge with teammates
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Skilled in Microsoft Office; Word, Power Point, Excel and other basic data analysis software
- Willing to travel to provinces for short periods
- Good communication skills with colleagues, stakeholders, and partners
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter to: Mr. Dy Dimanche at email@example.com , for further information regarding to technical please contact to Dr. You Vanny at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline of this application is on 30 September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.