Job Announcement: Laboratory Information System Manager
Position: Laboratory Information System Manager
Project Title: Project “Strengthening Public Health Laboratory, Workforce Development, and Health Systems Research Capacity of the Cambodian National Institute of Public Health” US CDC/GAP (CoAg. No. 1U2GGH000990-01)
Budget line: Salaries & Wages (Negotiable)
Salary: (700US$- 800US$/Month)
Duty Station: Phnom Penh
Duration: 12months (Possibility to renew)
- Background of the National Public Health Laboratory
The National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) of the National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) is a national reference laboratory assigned by the Cambodia Ministry of Health. It is an administratively semi-autonomous institution. The NPHL has seven units, OPD, Hematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology, Microbiology, and Quality Assurance unit to provide routine clinical laboratory services including hematology, biochemistry, serology and immunology. Furthermore, NPHL fills its public health mandates as a testing center for vaccine preventable disease surveillances including measles, rubella, Japanese encephalitis, and rabies surveillance in collaboration with WHO and the national expanded program on immunization (EPI). The NPHL is cooperating with the US CDC AI in implementing severe acute respiratory infection (SARI), and influenza-like illness (ILI) surveillance to detect emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, external quality assessment (EQA) program, and Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) Training Program.
The successful mission of the NPHL is essential for the prevention and control of public health event requires an efficient public health laboratory system. To address to the requirements for achieving our goal and mission, the NPHL is hiring a Laboratory Information System Manager to support in data centralizing and translate information that are generated from the system into specific public health action.
- Terms of References
The Laboratory Information System Manager is expected to be in contact with the assigned officer working for US CDC, NPHL, NCHADS, and NIPH and has roles and responsibilities including the following:
` A. Information System Development and Implementation
- Maintain NPHL database by identifying any existing errors (Laboratory Information System, Vaccination System, Stock Inventory Information, EQAS HIV Information System, Calibration Information System, SARI/ILI/AMR Surveillance System, etc.) and make some change and modification based on its practices.
- Follow-up the uses of computer system, finding bugs or errors, fix it to maximize quality of information system
- Provide training and onsite technical support on ‘How to use computer system’ to relevant staff.
- Support in data management and data analyses with the assigned NPHL team members.
- Support in generating periodic laboratory statistic in collaboration with the NPHL team members.
- Propose a meeting for distributing the produced report to stakeholders under request from chief of laboratory.
- Maintain information system implementation that complies with ISO 15189 accreditation.
- Provide administration support on information system to ensure its flexibility, responsiveness over the changes of laboratory activities and performances
- Initiate in developing new information system to support lab activities by request from chief of laboratory.
B. Documents and Records Management
- Implement LIS System under defined procedures and ensure staff follow the SOPs
- Modify and update written procedure or SOPs according to real practice adhering to quality standard
- Update Information System manual if there are any changes to the information system
- Provide training on ‘How to read new or updated SOPs’
C. Cross-cutting Program Support
- Provide technical support on retrieving laboratory data when there is a request from Chief of Laboratory
- Manage access control system to ensure its work properly
- Coordinate with NIPH IT staff and IT service provider to ensure Laboratory IT infrastructure are maintained effectively
- Identify budget plan to improve current information system
- Any other tasks assigned by Chief of Laboratory
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in information technology, computer science or a related field of study.
B. Experiences and skills
- Two or more years of relevant experience in information technology and database development.
- Experience in designing and building management information system in PHP & MySQL Database.
- Strong computer skill including Ms. Word, Excel and Power Point is preferred
- Experience in analyzing data and making report in English is preferred.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience is preferred.
- Experience in document control is preferred.
- Experience in ICT training is preferred.
- Experience in web-hosting management is preferred.
- Experience in health system is a plus.
- Good proficiency in English both writing and speaking is a plus.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV, and cover letter to Mr. Dy Dimanche, at National Institute of Public Health (#80, Samdach Penn Nouth (289), Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia).
The Deadline of the application is on 17 May 2019, only short-listed applicants will be contacted