Job Announcement: NPHL is looking an Assistant for External Quality Assessment (EQA) program
Position: Assistant for External Quality Assessment Program COVID-19 Testing
Project Title: Project “COVID-19 Response”
Budget line: Salaries & Wages (Negotiable)
Salary: (500USD- 550USD/Month)
Duty Station: National Institute of Public Health, Phnom Penh
Duration: 12months (Possibility to renew)
- Background of the National Public Health Laboratory
The National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) is a governmental organization in the Ministry of Health (MoH), Cambodia. NIPH is the representative body of the MoH providing public health education and laboratory services, training and research to improve the health of the Cambodian people. The National Reference Laboratory (NRL) of NIPH provides Out Patient Department (OPD), Hematology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology, Microbiology services and Quality Assurance. In addition, NPHL coordinates External Quality Assessment (EQA) program include serology, microbiology, biochemistry and blood bank proficiency testing panels to National, provincial and private laboratories in Cambodia and we also coordinate on the HIV External Quality assessment program to the Voluntary Confidential Counseling Testing (VCCT) centers and HIV testing services (HTS) sites.
NIPH has been at the frontline of the Covid-19 pandemic response since the first case confirmed in January 2020. Under the directory of the Ministry of Health (MoH), the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) at NIPH has been working closely with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other Health Departments, and the Provincial Health Departments in collaboration with the Institute Pasteur in Cambodia (IPC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to conduct laboratory testing to support response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Cambodia. After one year and a half of providing testing of SARS-CoV-2, the number of testing at NRL increases from 600 to 4500 samples per day in average.
Currently, there are 10 laboratories performing testing of SARS-CoV2, four are at the national level and another six subnational. In order to ensure the accuracy and reliable lab results from all PCR lab testing site, EQA program has to be regularly performed and followed up. In collaboration with WHO, two times of EQA panel for SARS-CoV2 testing has been distributed with 100% of correct results. This program has become main activities that enable NRL to ensure the accrued of lab results.
- Hiring position
In collaboration with WHO, NIPH is looking for hiring an Assistant to support EQA program for Covid-19 testing in the project of COVID-19 response.
- Roles and Responsibility of the position
The incumbent will:
A. Assist on the implementation and management of External Quality Assessment Programs
1. Participate in preparation and development of proficiency testing (PT) panels and quality controls (QC) samples provided by NRL for SARS-CoV2 testing labs.
2. Assist on packaging, shipping, and distribution of PT panels and QC samples for local and overseas EQA program.
3. Collect and analyze data from participating laboratories in the EQA program.
4. Prepare and distribute reports to participating laboratories in the EQA program.
5. Assist EQA team to develop corrective actions, as needed for laboratories participating in the EQA program.
B. Maintain Quality Management (QM) Documents
1. Maintain and update NRL document control system.
2. Assist EQA team to develop, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instruction and other management monitoring tool.
3. Assist EQA team to review and update standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instruction and other management monitoring tool.
1. Work on other duties assigned by NIPH management team.
2. Report to Covid-19 Response project coordinator, Head of QA unit, and/or Chief of NRL.
1. Bachelor degree in science related fields, Medical Laboratory Technologist.
2. One year working experience in clinical or public health laboratory.
3. Knowledge of laboratory quality management.
4. Experience in writing technical documents and meeting reports.
5. Experience in analyzing EQA/PT and making report in English is preferred.
6. Experience in conducting corrective action is preferred.
7. Willing to learn new skills and share knowledge with teammates.
8. Fluent in speaking and writing in English.
9. Skill in Microsoft Office, internet, and basic data analysis.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV, and cover letter to Mr. Dy Dimanche, at National Institute of Public Health (#80, Samdach Penn Nouth (289), Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia).
H/P 011 707 052, Tel: 023 991 697, Email: email@example.com
The Deadline of the application is on 30 July 2021, only short-listed applicants will be contacted